How do we help ?
We fight hard for false Section 498-A of IPC & Dowry Harassment, victims in their challenging, horrible, traumatic situation by providing moral support, guiding them and defending them legally to come out of the false 498-A case, with best possible efforts and vast experience of defending false 498a cases
- Guiding with Legal Advice
- Filing Anticipatory / Regular Bail
- Filing Petition for Quashing FIR
- Filing Petition for Quashing Charge Sheet
- Filing Petition for Quashing 498-A
- Representing & Defending 498-A Case
- Appeals – High Court & Supreme Court
- We will do everything we can to help you obtain the outcome that is in the best interest of justice
What is 498a ?
498A. Husband or relative of husband of a woman subjecting her to cruelty.—Whoever, being the husband or the relative of the husband of a woman, subjects such woman to cruelty shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years and shall also be liable to fine. Explanation.—For the purpose of this section, “cruelty” means—
- (a) any wilful conduct which is of such a nature as is likely to drive the woman to commit suicide or to cause grave injury or danger to life, limb or health (whether mental or physical) of the woman;
- (b) harassment of the woman where such harassment is with a view to coercing her or any person related to her to meet any unlawful demand for any property or valuable security or is on account of failure by her or any person related to her to meet such demand.]
A false accusation
is a claim or allegation of wrongdoing that is untrue and/or otherwise unsupported by facts.False accusations
are also known as groundless accusations
or unfounded accusations
or false allegations
or false claims
. They can occur in any of the following contexts: How do we help you in false 498a & dowry harassment case?
Types of false accusations
When there is insufficient supporting evidence to determine whether an accusation is true or false, it is described as "unsubstantiated" or "unfounded". Accusations that are determined to be false based on corroborating evidence can be divided into three categories:
- A completely false allegation, in that the alleged events did not occur.
- An allegation that describes events that did occur, but were perpetrated by an individual who is not accused, and in which the accused person is innocent.
- An allegation that is false, in that it mixes descriptions of events that actually happened with other events that did not occur.
A false allegation can occur as the result of intentional lying on the part of the accuser or unintentionally, due to a confabulation, either arising spontaneously due to mental illness or resulting from deliberate or accidental suggestive or or faulty advice.
Women can be charged under the following sections if they file false case:
- IPC Sec. 182. False information, with intent to cause public servant to use his lawful power to the injury of another person.-- Whoever gives to any public servant any information which he knows or believes to be false, intending thereby to cause, or knowing it to be likely that he will thereby cause such public servant-
- (a) to do or omit anything which such public servant ought not to do or omit if the true state of facts respecting which such information is given were known by him, or
- (b) to use the lawful power of such public servant to the injury or annoyance of any person, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to six months, or with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees, or with both.
- IPC Sec. 191. For giving false evidence
- IPC Sec. 192. For fabricating false evidence
- IPC Sec. 193. Punishment for false evidence
- IPC Sec. 195. Giving or fabricating false evidence with intent to procure conviction of offence punishable with imprisonment for life or imprisonment
- IPC Sec. 196. Using evidence known to be false
- IPC Sec. 197. False statement made in declaration which is by law considered as evidence
- IPC Sec. 200. Using as true such declaration knowing to be false
- IPC Sec. 209. Dishonestly making false claim in Court
- IPC Sec. 211. False charge of offence made with intent to injure
Note: Acquittal in 498-A, is a concrete ground for Divorce.
Frequently Asked Question about Divorce
- Can my wife file false 498a?
- Answer. Yes! Wife can file false 498a with false allegations, even when there is no such harassment or dowry demand. This is what called as miss use of 498a and Legal Terrorism.
- What to do when police call me in 498a case ?
- Answer. It is recommended to co-operate with police in their investigation with all the facts and proofs you have with you.
- Do I need to worry about false 498aa case filed by my wife?
- Answer. If you have not harassed not demanded for dowry, you need not to worry at all. Take help of experienced lawyer to defend your case.
- How do I protect my old aged parents from false 498a?
- Answer. You can go for Quashing FIR / Charge Sheet and get the false case quashed against your parents .
- How can I get out of false 498a ?
- Answer. 1. You need to have patience as the case may go for more than 3 years. 2. Quashing 3. If your case is not quashed all you need to do is to go through trial. Appoint experienced lawyer to defend your case.
Author:G.M.Rao Advocate, Date Published: 2021-04-25, Rating: 4.8-105 reviews
A holistic & honest advice
“I have been ordering our corporate seals from the friendly staff at London Rubber Stamp for the past ten years and have found their service to be excellent, not only in their fast turnaround time but in the professional manner in which they treat their customers.”
- by Shilpa Sist- United Kingdom
I rate him "Excellent"
“Right from the moment i started explaining. Highly relieved after talking to Mr. Rao., Try it out yourself. I rate him "Excellent".”
- by Murthy - USA
Very efficient and dynamic lawyer
“Very efficient and dynamic lawyer. I am so glad to acknowledge reliable lawyer. More than content to have met him and taken his advise.”
- by Blessy Mcwan
GMRao is very professional
“I was very impressed with his consulting and will highly recommend his services to any one who is in trouble related to wife.”
- by Siddhartha
Mr. GM Rao is highly client focused
“Mr. GM Rao is highly client focused and provides 360 degree expansive legal advise based on all the possible implications.As a lawyer Mr. GM Rao is ethical fair and will go the extra mile if you trust his expertise.”
- by Kalpana - USA